About Us

Cunningham Jewellers was founded in 1885 in the city of Lancaster by Mr James Cunningham. The store consisted of a small shop floor at 4 Damside Street in Lancaster. Mr Cunningham ran the store until his retirement in 1945 when it was sold to the great aunt and uncle of the current owners Anthony and Hilary Gregg.

In 1962 Peter and Marian Gregg took over the store and in 1978 Peter Gregg expanded the store by buying the property next door and extending out the building out the back almost quadrupling the size of the shop floor, allowing Peter and Marian to offer more products and better service to the customer.

In 1986 Anthony Gregg became a partner in the business with his father Peter Gregg and in 1990 Peter Gregg retired. Since then Anthony and Hilary have continued the vision Mr Cunningham had over 120 years ago offering wide selection of watches, jewellery and repairs, with a friendly service.